[mythtv-users] backend no mythpreviewgen or deletes

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Wed Oct 26 17:48:13 UTC 2016

[0.27.6, Fedora 22]

My backend has been behaving a little oddly over the past couple days and I'm trying to understand why.

First off, mythpreviewgen sporadically doesn't work, usually in stretches of recordings, and then starts again. It's curious, a bit inconvenient, but I'd like to know.

Secondly, mythbackend stopped slow-deleting deleted recordings a couple of days ago, which I detected with a reporting tool I run nightly. So I restarted the mythbackend service and logged this message:

    Oct 26 09:21:41 tv mythbackend: 2016-10-26 09:21:41.472032 E  AutoExpire: Filesystem
    Info cache is empty, unable to calculate necessary parameters.

I went into the frontend to try to Delete Forever the Deleted recordings that had accumulated and was unsuccessful at first. I'd select Delete Forever and nothing would happen initially for most recordings. So I restarted the mythbackend service again, let it settle, then went back into the frontend to delete and had some success. I kept trying and finally I could Delete Forever each of the Deleted items.

The only other oddity is that I had a commflag job that had died with an "Exit Code 136", which got cleared on the second mythbackend restart.

Any ideas about what this is all about? The box has been running for only 90 days, which is trivial in its uptime history.

--
A little of Jerome's MythTV World: http://mythtv.bss.ab.ca