[mythtv-users] Mythweb via SSL on Mythbuntu 14.04, how?

Nate Bargmann n0nb at n0nb.us
Sun Oct 23 12:01:36 UTC 2016

* On 2016 23 Oct 04:35 -0500, Vincent McIntyre wrote:
> Can you look in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled?
> There will be some symlinks there pointing to config files.
> If there is a separate config for the SSL version of the server
> it may have a separate DocumentRoot directive, pointing elsewhere.
> It might help the discussion to post what ls -l shows
> in the sites-enabled directory.

As requested:

$ ls -l /etc/apache2/sites-enabled
total 0
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 45 Sep 26 15:21 default -> /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 36 Aug 31  2010 default-mythbuntu -> ../sites-available/default-mythbuntu
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 35 Sep 26 15:35 default-ssl.conf -> ../sites-available/default-ssl.conf
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 31 Sep 26 21:27 mythweb.conf -> ../sites-available/mythweb.conf

And:

$ grep DocumentRoot *
default:            DocumentRoot /var/www/html
default-mythbuntu:  DocumentRoot /var/www
default-ssl.conf:                DocumentRoot /var/www/html

Probably the more interesting is default-mythbuntu:

<VirtualHost *:80>
        DirectoryIndex mythweb
        ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost

        DocumentRoot /var/www
        <Directory />
                Options FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
        </Directory>
        <Directory /var/www/>
                AllowOverride None
                Order allow,deny
                allow from all
        </Directory>

        ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
        <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
                AllowOverride None
                Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Directory>

        ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/error.log

        # alert, emerg.
        LogLevel warn

        CustomLog /var/log/apache2/access.log combined

    Alias /doc/ "/usr/share/doc/"
    <Directory "/usr/share/doc/">
        Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order deny,allow
        Deny from all
        Allow from 127.0.0.0/255.0.0.0 ::1/128
    </Directory>

</VirtualHost>

I tried replicating this section but with the port as 443 and that failed.

- Nate