[mythtv-users] Disable Mythical Bookmark

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:02:04 UTC 2016

It is deliberate. It is done to try and 'bridge' (i believe is the industry
term) viewers from one show to the next. Ie you run the popular show 10min
over, at which time you have missed the start of competing shows on other
channels so viewers tend to just keep watching the follow-on show. Some
Australian networks are much more aggressive in the practice than others.

Further reading (see scheduling practices sections).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broadcast_programming