[mythtv-users] Schedulesdirect and setting up an input that has a subset of another input's lineup

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 03:57:20 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I ran into a situation that I imagine somebody else has run into:   I
have a cable lineup and on the mythtv side, I have a HDHR Prime *and* an
HD-PVR.  Because some channels are DRM, the channels available to the
HDHR is a subset of the HD-PVR channels.

However, on the schedulesdirect site, there isn't the ability to create
a duplicate of a lineup.  Once a source is added, it's grayed out so
cannot be added to a separate (DRM-trimmed) lineup.   So what I've done
is deleted the DRM channels (via mythweb) for the HDHR input.

The problem is, at some point the deleted channels were added back to
mythtv.  Possibly via mythfilldatabase?   Though I suspect I would have
noticed it earlier if it happens every time.

What's the proper way to have a channel lineup that is a subset of
another, both sourced from the same SchedulesDirect lineup?   Do I need
to add the "--remove-new-channels" to mythfilldatabase?   And if that
truly is the solution, it still seems non-ideal, as I won't know if new
channels are available.  It would seem that the real fix here is that
schedulesdirect allows you to copy (and subsequently edit) an existing
lineup.  But I'd be OK with workarounds for now.

Thanks
-WD