[mythtv-users] Memory needs

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Oct 18 22:23:08 UTC 2016

On 19 October 2016 at 01:27, Mike Carron <jmcarron at gmx.com> wrote:

> Thanks all, that's just what I needed.
>
> mike

I was running a Combined frontend/Backend with 4GB RAM (rarely used
Frontend) until recently when I was given some secondhand RAM and I'm now
running 10GB, what I found was with 2 concurrent user jobs running
trans-coding would cause masses of I/O and I could only queue about 3 jobs
(2 running) before the system would freeze while it caught up. Now I can
continue queuing trans-coding jobs until the cows come home :)

Cheers,

Anthony