[mythtv-users] Disable Mythical Bookmark

Jim Stichnoth stichnot at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 04:40:42 UTC 2016

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Mark Goldberg <marklgoldberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Is there any easy way to disable the new "Mythical Bookmark" that is in
> 0.28? I have off the air TV in the US and Schedules Direct, and they often
> start the program up to a minute off. I used to just fast forward to when
> it starts, or just wait, which required no action. Now, I have to jump back
> on most of the recordings to see the start of the show. I don't find it
> helpful to start playback after the preroll in my circumstance. I am sure
> is it helpful to other people. An option to use it or not use it would be
> useful.
>
> The special bookmark is meant to compensate for preroll, such that no
matter how much "just-in-case" preroll you apply, the playback will always
start in about the same place.

If a particular recording rule always starts too early, you may want to
adjust the recording rule to start a minute (or whatever) early.  That is,
rely on "hard preroll" instead of the optional "soft preroll".

That said, it seems really odd that most of your OTA recordings are
consistently off.  Mine are spot-on across 5 networks.

Jim