[mythtv-users] A new tv_grab_API

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 23:27:29 UTC 2016

Hoi All,

I have mentioned before that since the start of this year I have been
working on turning the dutch grabber tv_grab_nl.py into a generic API
for creating a grabber. I have fully separated all grabber specific
data from the code, making it for a maintainer not necessary to touch
the code. Creating a grabber only takes a week and any changes on the
source(s) can be updated by the maintainer without the user needing to
upgrade. Only in case of lineup changes the user will have to re-run
configure in which case the maintainer can notify the users through
their log-file. Several test and debug scripts and modi are available
to the maintainer. Also all texts are placed outside the code and are
at present available in English and Dutch, but additional languages
can be easily added.
At present I am nearing the end of beta testing and am expecting the
end of beta somewhere next month, when I will release version 1.1. I
mostly have to further work on the documentation. Developer
documentation is 75% ready and user documentation mostly only still
exists in Dutch.
The code as of the current release 1.0.4, except of cause for fixes,
is frozen. I have many thoughts on extending functionality, but those
for now have to wait on later releases.

If you are interested see: https://github.com/tvgrabbers/tvgrabpyAPI
and the wiki there.

For the data-files I have developed a JSON based "data_def" language
that is contained in a separate module "DataTreeGrab"
https://github.com/tvgrabbers/DataTree
I must confess that I fell in love with it when in February this
"data_def" language started to take form.

A ttvdb module is included at present using v1, but a v2 data_def is
under testing and I am thinking about a tmdb data_def. If there is
interest from the MythTV developers I can without to much difficulty
create a data_def based successor of the metadata API's making it
easier and mostly user transparent to adapt to changes on those sites.

The download URLs:
https://github.com/tvgrabbers/DataTree/releases/tag/beta-1.2.5-p20161015
https://github.com/tvgrabbers/tvgrabpyAPI/releases/tag/beta-1.0.4-p20161015

--
Tot Mails,
 Hika                          mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
Mijn Mailadres is gewijzigd. Zie hierboven!

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens