[mythtv-users] MySQL issues on Mac OS frontend (other clients work fine)

Jon Raiford Raiford at labware.com
Fri Oct 7 18:46:56 UTC 2016

I currently run a Mythbuntu server that was recently upgraded to 16.04 and
Mythtv 0.28 (from 14.04 / 0.27).

I am able to run Mythfrontend 0.28 fine from an Ubuntu machine, but
whenever I try to run the frontend from my mac mini, it hangs.

Apparently it is having trouble with MySQL.  With the Mac OS client, the
MySQL logs show that connections are being aborted.  Sometimes complaining
about communication packets.  I have a solid ethernet network connection
and am able to verify I can connect to all ports from the Mac.

Before I go down the path of trying to post links to my log files, is
there something obvious I should be doing?  Also, assuming you will want
to see logs, what is the most accepted way to present these?

BTW, I can force the client to "work" for a bit by selecting a show to
watch and once the frontend hangs with the spinning wheel, if I restart
the MySQL service on the backend it starts to play fine.  It obviously is
talking to the database because it does show me my recorded shows.

Jon