[mythtv-users] Database size issue exposes Perl problem; 1 fixed, 1 to go

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Oct 6 19:28:33 UTC 2016

On Thu, 6 Oct 2016, Hika van den Hoven wrote:

> run: emerge -pv mythtv to get the current useflags. If I have it
> correct a green flag means not active on the current install, but
> set to use on a reinstall and yellow the other way around.

Thanks for your input, Hika. The output I get when I run that command
appears in blue, red, and white. It looks to me like the items in red are
the active USE flags, while those in blue and with the minus sign in front
of them are the possible, but disabled, USE flags. As the case may be,
perl appears (among others) in red text in that output. That seems in
agreement with the USE flag I previously mentioned as being set in
/etc/portage/package.use/mythtv, correct?