[mythtv-users] Database size issue exposes Perl problem; 1 fixed, 1 to go

James Miller gajs-f0el at dea.spamcon.org
Thu Oct 6 19:07:39 UTC 2016

On Thu, 6 Oct 2016, Karl Newman wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 6, 2016 at 11:19 AM, Jeffrey Ratcliffe <
> jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Doing manual stuff like this outside what portage expects is a recipe
>> for disaster. Try using perl-cleaner, which should sort out problems
>> like this from within portage:
>>
>> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Perl/perl-cleaner
>
> Also, you can probably solve your missing perl module problem by ensuring
> the perl USE flag is enabled for your mythtv install.

Thanks for the tips, Jeff and Karl. I used perl-cleaner at some point in
the not-too-distant past but do not recall many particulars. I'll do some
further investigation of that utility now. Regarding USE flags, I just
checked and, under /etc/portage/package.use/mythtv I have media-tv/mythtv
perl python. So it looks as though the USE flag mentioned is already
enabled, does it not?