[mythtv-users] Black screen, audio, green snow

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Thu Oct 6 16:49:11 UTC 2016

On 10/06/2016 10:39 AM, Ian Evans wrote:
> I first thought this might be related to the HDHomerun power warts,
> but that issue usually resulted in pixellation.
>
> Recording OTA via HDHomeruns. Twice in two days I've had a recording
> suddenly go to a black screen.The sound continues fine. Just before
> the picture comes back I get about two seconds of green snow filling
> the screen.
>
> Logs didn't show any errors or video complaints.
>
> Any thoughts?

With 0.28 and Ceton -

Since April I have had three recordings where the picture has been
occasional pixellating flashes on a green background. The audio was
broken into brief snatches. One time it was the same channel on the same
night, two recordings back to back. In all cases the log reported many
gaps in the recording and it was flagged as damaged. I think it may have
been a Comcast transmission problem. One of these occurrences was
automatically re-recorded by MythTV (on the same night) before I noticed
the problem. The others were not re-recorded as they were not on the
schedule a second time.

Are you using version 0.28?
Were the recordings flagged as damaged and allowed to re-record?

Peter