[mythtv-users] Deleting Recordings

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 15:13:49 UTC 2016

Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk> wrote:

> [1] Unless you are doing bulk deletes of, say, 1,000 or more recordings because your disk died; in which case you probably shouldn't be recording something at the same time anyway.

I assume you mean deleting the recording data from Myth because the file is no longer there ?
In which case, I find that this seems to affect everything - if I do the "add stuff to playlist, delete playlist" trick on a bunch of recordings with missing files, the system grinds to a complete halt (playback freezes completely until it's done). In any case, this is a different situation to normal deletes.