[mythtv-users] Mythbackend causes hard disk rev up?

R Kannan rk111810 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 15:35:04 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am running Mythtv 2:0.25.3+fixes.20130813.b5adf03-0ubuntu0mythbuntu2
on Mythbuntu 12.04.

I found that my hard disk was making a racket a few days back and I was
wondering what was causing it. I found mythtvbackend and firefox using
100% COU each after running top. There was no program was being
recorded. So just for kicks I shutdown the mythbackend and the noise
went away.  I restarted mythbackend and the noise did not come back.

Today I had the problem again and and went through the same routine and
the hard disk slowed down.

Any ideas on what is causing the hard disk to rev up?

Thanks