[mythtv-users] Duplicate detection

Jan Ceuleers jan.ceuleers at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 10:51:49 UTC 2016

On 20/09/16 18:20, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> Totally not tested, but something along the lines of:
>
> LEFT OUTER JOIN oldrecorded ON (oldrecorded.title = program.title AND
> oldrecorded.subtitle = program.subtitle AND oldrecorded.recstatus IN
> (-3, 11))
> (your custom query stuff)
> AND oldrecorded.recstatus IS NULL
>
> and anything you can do to further limit the join (conditions in the ON
> clause) will improve performance.

Been playing around with this. Implementing it is hampered by a length
restriction on the subtitle column in the record table:

mysql> show columns from record where Field="subtitle";
| Field    | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
| subtitle | varchar(128) | NO   |     |         |       |