[mythtv-users] restoring database after reinstall??

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Wed Nov 30 16:09:52 UTC 2016

So I need to confirm a process for restoring my database after an os version upgrade.

I’m running mythvbuntu 14.04 and mythtv 0.28 latest patches.
My system has a boot drive and 2 drives for recorded TV to decrease the bottleneck during multiple simultaneous recordings.

I’m thinking that the process would be.

1. backup database and save the backup on my NAS.
2. install  mythbuntu 16.04/mythtv 0.28 and fix all the systemd stuff.
3. make sure it’s working after a reboot and that TV and recordings will work.
4. enable my original recorded TV drives in /etc/fstab.
5. restore my database.

This seems to work in my mind. What am I missing??

Jim A