[mythtv-users] MythTv Light Issues - Wrong Video Directory and can't get video right

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Sat Nov 26 13:11:26 UTC 2016

I have just installed MythTV Light .28 on my system and can't wait to
get this thing right so I can get rid of my aging dc7100 system.

HOWEVER, a few remaining issues I can't get right.

1. If I USE the Mpeg2 key, the video stutters ever so slightly every few
seconds, using the OpenMax Normal or HQ settings.  If I DONT use the
key, it looks fine.

2. The Watch Videos section is blank on the frontend, storage group for
Videos is set correctly on the backend, but for some reason the front
end has info from an old frontend... it points to
/home/livingroom/Videos/... then it picks up where the storage group is.
 If you try to play a video, it fails.  Note, the pi doesn't use the
username livingroom, so I can only guess its picking this up from the
backend/table.

3. No matter what combination I try, I still can't get the display right
- If I leave the gui at 0 and 0, the playback video has a large bar on
the right hand side and the bottom of the screen but the GUI is perfect.
 If I set the GUI to 1920X1080 the GUI is off but the video playback is
fine.  If I try to set the GUI and Video Different, I can't actually
change the resolution to anything other than what I set in the GUI
screen.  I tried the screen wizard, but that made it worse.  I tried
setting HDMI settings in config.txt but that stopped HDMI-CEC from
working.  I tried using offsets/etc. but no matter what, I couldn't see
the Back/Next/Cancel buttons when playing with THOSE settings.

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com