[mythtv-users] RF remote recommendation

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 00:53:05 UTC 2016

Hoi Simon,

>> Following up on the comment about multiple RF remotes in a house ...

> Funnily enough, tonight a colleague was telling me about a TV a
> friend of his had many years ago with an ultrasonic remote. it was
> fine until the neighbour got the same model with ultrasonic remote -
> and they found it worked through the wall between the semi-detached houses !

I think those are older then the IR. I remember as a kid maybe 40
years ago we had such a one. Sound had I think 4 settings between full
and off. The nice thing was we also had an old phone whose ring would
trigger that. So if we let the phone ring the right amount of times tv
sound was off. But if we let it ring one time to many it was up to
full again.
Luckily it did not trigger the channel toggle! ;-)

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop