[mythtv-users] VDPAU failing on an ION

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Nov 23 21:19:11 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-11-20 at 19:08 +0100, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Brian,
>

> You upgraded your Nvidia driver to 304.132! Try down grading as that
> version as issues!

Yeah.  This was it.  Further loss of confidence in Ubuntu that they
would allow this broken version of driver to remain in an LTS release.
 Just further evidence I suppose that if it's not a phone or a TV, it
doesn't matter to Canonical.

The only one last thing that is keeping me on Ubuntu (for my Mythboxes
that is -- everything else is going to CentOS/Fedora) is Mythbuntu.
 The great work those guys do at keeping the Myth packages so
completely up-to-date is unmatched (last I looked at least).

Cheers,
b.