[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py problem with recordings on samba share

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 02:45:29 UTC 2016

Hoi Anthony,

Wednesday, November 23, 2016, 2:18:19 AM, you wrote:

> On 23 November 2016 at 10:53, Thomas Boehm
> <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:

> Hi list,
>
>  I have a mounted samba share on my backend and let mythtv record to it.
>  Everything works fine, it records and I can watch all recordings. But
>  when I run find_orphans.py it complains about ~900 out of ~1600
>  recordings with "orphaned recording entries".
>
>  What could be the reason for that?

> Permissions? are you running find_orphans.py as the same user that mythtv is running as?

> Anthony

I second that. Does your backend user have sufficient rights!
Next question. possibly you run either the backend or the samba server
24/7 or close to that. Why not join them in one machine. I 3 years ago
joined my mythbackend to my samba, etc. server.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop