[mythtv-users] RF remote recommendation

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Nov 22 11:11:20 UTC 2016

On 22 November 2016 at 19:05, Phill Edwards <philledwards at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I have been using Philips MCE remote until now and generally it has
> > worked well. However, it needs line of sight to the receiver as it is
> > based on infrared. Is there any recommended RF remote which works well
> > with mythtv?
>
> Also not a direct answer, but you could use the MythMote app on Android
> which works over WiFi from your phone/tablet.

I can highly recommend the logitech Harmony Hub based remotes, they are
expensive but they can control almost anything and you can use a smart
phone if you cant find the physical remote :)

they are Remote -> RF -> Hub -> IR

although I would love to see the mythtv network control port utilised from
the hub directly to the frontend, that would be awesome, there was talk of
logitech allowing dev access but I haven't seen anything come of it.

https://www.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-api

Cheers,

Anthony