[mythtv-users] mythbackend not responding on port 6543

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Fri Nov 18 11:22:46 UTC 2016

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 04:49:21 +0000, you wrote:

>I assume top / iotop / df -h etc didnt show anything interesting? Swapping?
>CPU @ 400%? Full partition? etc.

Nothing seen on any of them, except the swapper is in use just a
little, but it seems to just be swapped out startup code and that sort
of thing.  It seems to be mythfrontend that causes the swapping for
me, probably due to the huge number of recordings I have.  But the box
has 8 Gibytes of RAM, and was fine up until the day before my problem
started.

I said already that the problem happened when I rebooted to get a
failed USB tuner going again.  I did not mention that this was just
about 20 minutes after the big 7.8 earthquake hit us here in New
Zealand.  Where I am (Palmerston North), it was a "felt" earthquake,
not a damaging one, but it had us wondering for a while as it went on
for a long time.  I have since checked all the cables and so on to see
if anything was affected, but in any case MythTV runs just fine with
my old upgrade 0.26 database from September 2013, so I do not think
that hardware is the problem.