[mythtv-users] Getting it to Work > Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD (DVB-T/T2/C)

Glen Adamson glengilesa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:44:37 UTC 2016

Hi Stephen I tried V4L as suggested in the 4.8.5 kernel but no files
generated in /dev/dvb/* and board not recognized in myth setup.

I have now re-built this box with 0.28 ISO mythbuntu-16.04.1-desktop-amd64
to get a clean system with kernel 4.4.0-47.

The quad board is not recognized, the lspci -v output is the same as before
ie:
<quote>
1a:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23885 PCI
Video and Audio Decoder (rev 03)
Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. CX23885 PCI Video and Audio Decoder
Memory at f0800000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2M]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: cx23885
Kernel modules: cx23885

1b:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23885 PCI
Video and Audio Decoder (rev 03)
Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. CX23885 PCI Video and Audio Decoder
Memory at f0600000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2M]
Capabilities: <access denied>
Kernel driver in use: cx23885
Kernel modules: cx23885
</quote>

I then tried V4L on clean 4.4  setup, the result was the same no /dev/dvb/*
and the board not recognized by myth.

I think we may be going down the wrong track. I ordered model 1609 which
was supported by https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-
quadHD_(DVB-T/T2/C). Three months later I received model 1628.  The most
active response came when I installed kernel 4.8 refered to at the start of
this conversation.

PS (For the family I have now re-built another box with 0.27-14.04-4.2.0-42
generic and a DigitaNow Quad tuner. We originally had multi failures
when upgrading to 0.28.)