[mythtv-users] Stutter playback 720 60fps

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Thu Nov 17 06:21:57 UTC 2016

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 18:53:35 -0800, you wrote:

>Seems I am the only one with this issue.  I will wait a few days to see if
>anyone has any suggestions.
>After that I will try a purge and re install.
>
>On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 9:52 PM, Kevin Johnson <iitywygms at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 4:05 PM, Kevin Johnson <iitywygms at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>>> image is stuttering, Available Buffer is 0% of 16mb.  Once I hit pause that
>>> never goes below 2% even if I try to fast forward to the "closest to live
>>> moment" if that makes any sense.
>>>

>> The frontend is now showing this message in the logs.  Many times.  Did
>> not see them before.
>>
>> Nov 14 21:48:19 g430 mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[1757]: W Decoder
>> avformatdecoder.cpp:4899 (GetFrame) AFD: Audio 3373 ms behind video but
>> already 220 video frames queued. AV-Sync might be broken.
>>

>Here is a link to what I have.
>It is hard to see but the bottom scroll is jerky, and the av sync is -3.
>Once I hit pause, playback is smooth and the av sync is under 1
>
>https://goo.gl/photos/WQAV755sWhw29YSD8

As I explained in my earlier reply, your stutter problem is fully
explained by LiveTV starting to play back before it has filled its
buffers enough.  Just hit pause for a moment, and it is fixed.  If you
want a permanent cure, you will need to open a ticket and ask the devs
to fix it.  Or find the delay they are currently using in the source
code and increase it a bit for yourself.