[mythtv-users] Frontend hardware: VDPAU or VAAPI?

Steve Greene sgreene59 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 16 23:36:43 UTC 2016

Doesn't seem to make any difference. The only trace I can find in the log
is this:

mythfrontend.real: mythfrontend[2102]: W CoreContext mythplayer.cpp:3299
> (UnpauseDecoder) Player(0): Waited 100ms for decoder to unpause

Most noticeably, the crawl on CNN, looks "twitchy", not smooth. That's the
most readily apparent artifact. I'm on Video Playback Profile "VDPAU Slim",
BTW.

I didn't notice this until fairly recently, could be recent code changes to
0.28-updates. Seems like the decoder isn't keeping up with the incoming
stream.

Steve