[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 and MythTV-Light

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 12 17:55:07 UTC 2016

On 11/12/2016 10:09 AM, Jeffrey Preston wrote:

> >> I purchased a Raspberry Pi 3, and loaded Raspian (downloaded from the
>
> >> web site) following the instructions on the MythTV-Light page. When I
> >> connect to my currently running 0.28 fixes backend, I get the
> following
> >> error message:
> >>

> >> This version of MythTV requires an updated database.
> >>
> >> (schema is 27 versions behind)
> >>

> > I don't know if MythTV-Light comes with plugins enabled (there is a
> > package 'mythplugins-light' so I guess it might be the case if you
> > installed it too).
> >
> > Some frontend plugins also need database schema upgrade and if your
> > raspi is the first frontend with such a plugin enabled to connect to
> the
> > backend, it will trigger the upgrade of the db schema for that or these
> > plugins.
>
> I haven't installed the plugins. Don't usually need them... So given
> that,
>
> what could be causing MythTV-Light to "think that my backend database
>
> is from a decade ago???
>
> > Anyway, make sure you have a recent backup of your database before
> > continuing with the upgrade process.
>
> I always backup, but my NAS box is offline while I am moving it to the
> other
>
> side of my house. I am also re-wiring in that area, so it will take a bit
>
> longer. However, I guess my point here, is that I shouldn't need to
>
> update my database, given that I am running the latest version of 0.28
> fixes.
>
> Even if I need to update the database for some reason for MythTV-Light,
>
> how would I do that, since that would seem to have to be done
>
> locally on the server itself.

Are you sure you don't have an old out of date backend running somewhere?

Make sure of the versions of your backend and frontend by running
mythbackend --version or mythfrontend --version or mythutil --version on
your backend and frontend.

I recommend copy the ~/.mythtv/config.xml from a working frontend to
your raspberry pi frontend. Edit it and make sure if it contains entries
for localhost or 127.0.0.1 that you change them to the correct IP address.

Peter