[mythtv-users] Imon remote frustrations

Joel Newcomb joelnewcomb at verizon.net
Fri Nov 11 16:13:18 UTC 2016

On 11/11/2016 07:15 AM, R. G. Newbury wrote:
> On 11/09/2016 01:26 AM, Neil Salstrom wrote:
>> This past weekend my faithful Gen 1 HDHomerun finally died (and a new
>> power supply didn't fix it this time).  I had been using that as my IR
>> receiver to control my system and it worked easily and flawlessly.
>> I've got a new HDHomerun on order but these models do not have IR.
>>
>> My case is the Antec Fusion with the VFD and Imon IR receiver and I've
>> had no luck getting the remote working with either LIRC or
>> ir-keytable.  My previous setup was using LIRC with the HDHomerun
>
>> I'm now trying to get the same setup working using the IR receiver in
>> the case:
>>
>> Bus 005 Device 002: ID 15c2:ffdc SoundGraph Inc. iMON PAD Remote
>> Controller
>>
>> It just does not seem to be working no matter what I try. With LIRC I
>> can't get any codes generated using irw.  With ir-keytable I don't get
>> any output with the "-t" option.
>>
>> Does anyone with this case have the IR receiver working? What are you
>> using?  LIRC or ir-keytable?  How do you get a remote such as the one
>> above working with it?  If anyone has any suggestions I'd love to hear
>> them!
>>

> I have been using a Soundgraph IR (same lsb codes) for almost 10 years.
>
> Due to a change to a Harmony 300 remote I am using ir-keytable and it
> works like a charm.
> LIRC is NOT running.
>
> The operative file is /etc/rc_keymaps/imon_pad.
> It is started with a 'ir-keytable -c -w /etc/rc_keymap/imon_pad'
> during startup (/etc/rc.d/rc.local in Fedora).
>
> The imon_pad file (with re-mappings start like this:
>
> # table imon_pad, type: OTHER
> # keytable imon-pad with mythtv mapping added
> # # keycode mapping from
> /usr/src/kernels/4.xxxx86_64/include/uapi/linux/input-event-codes.h
> # # mythtv mapping uses keycodes below 255 *AND* re-maps key to
> Harmony 300
> # # eg  0x28a115b7 = KEY_BACKSPACE (0x0e) # KEY_D
>
> 0x2ba385b7 KEY_MENU
> #0x2ba395b7 KEY_MENU
> 0x2ba385b7 KEY_M  #Menu
> 0x2ba395b7 KEY_M
> #0x2b8595b7 KEY_LANGUAGE
> 0x2b8595b7 KEY_I  #Info
> #0x29b715b7 KEY_DASHBOARD
> 0x29b715b7 KEY_O  # Guide
> #0x0200002a KEY_BACKSPACE # KEY_D
> #0x28a115b7 KEY_BACKSPACE # KEY_D
> 0x0200002a KEY_D  # Delete
> 0x28a115b7 KEY_D  # Delete
> #0x688301b7 BTN_MOUSE
> 0x688301b7 KEY_HOME  # Forward one day in EPG
> #0x688481b7 BTN_RIGHT
> 0x688481b7 KEY_END   # Back one day in EPG
>
> #0x28a515b7 KEY_TV  Yellow
> 0x28a515b7 KEY_F    # Adjust picture settings
> #0x2ba115b7 KEY_IMAGES Blue
> 0x2ba115b7 KEY_V    # Create PiP
> #0x2b8515b7 KEY_VIDEO  Red
> 0x2b8515b7 KEY_B    # Change PiP focus
> #0x299195b7 KEY_AUDIO  Green
> 0x299195b7 KEY_N    # Swap PiP channels
>
> The rest of the entries are directly from the kernel....
> input-event-codes.h file referenced above.

> [...]
Neil, I also was running the Soundgraph IR, (Antec Fusion Black w/LCD),
for some time and had some success with Lirc. Inevitably, upgrading
broke it several times. It did the basics for me for years, but
somewhere along the way I got fed up and switched to a Flirc dongle. It
was very easy to program and again, worked for a couple of years. I had
been reading on list about other's experiences with kernel supported IR
and while upgrading some other hardware, I decided to give it a whirl.
It took some experimentation to discover what my Harmony 650, configured
as an MCE remote, was blasting out, but eventually I figured out how to
edit the key-codes. I only use arrows, OK, Menu, and Info, but has been
working for a year now.
I just wish to offer some encouragement, as with the rest of MythTV, it
only takes a bit of tuning to get it to where you want.
Something that I have not been able to map is the Power button to start
the machine. Years ago I had Lirc do this for me, (Fontend/Backend w/
ACPI Wakeup), but since has eluded me.

--
Joel Newcomb
joelnewcomb at verizon.net