[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 16.04.1 (0.28) Frontend not visible

Andrew Potter andrew at potter.id.au
Thu Nov 10 05:01:37 UTC 2016

OK I had Mythbuntu 14.04 and wanted to upgrade to Mythbuntu 16.04 LTS.

I downloaded the 16.04.1 ISO and installed on a fresh SSD drive. Keeping the
old disk as this is a production system.

After the installation I restored the old Database (14.04 database) tot he
new system. I can see in the logs that the database was upgraded and the
settings all look to be correct via myth-setup.

But the local frontend does not get to the display screens. I have to hot
alt-f4 and I get the this window is busy dialog do you wan t to stop it.

I have looked at the front end logs but cannot see anything

The last log I see is about successfully reading the airplay rsa key.

The logs are available here  <http://pastebin.com/KvnVSX4w>
http://pastebin.com/KvnVSX4w

I am thinking it is possibly a QT issue, ie not rendering a display
correctly, but I do not know enough to diagnose. Of course I could also be
well off the mark.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Andrew