[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu dropping to login prompt instead of frontend auto login after nvidia upgrade

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 8 19:10:44 UTC 2016

On 11/08/2016 01:49 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> I don't use ubuntu but checked in VM I have and 304.117-0ubuntu1 is
> shown. (sudo apt-cache showpkg nvidia-304)
Hika
Did you do sudo apt-get update first? You may be seeing old information.
I only see the 132 version. It looks like to me that the 131 version has
been removed.

Ian Evans
An interim solution could be install the nouveau driver. You will have
to change playback profile to Normal or Slim.
In command line mode you can run this to list available drivers
sudo ubuntu-drivers devices
You should see the noveau driver listed as one alternative
(xserver-xorg-video-nouveau)
Install the nouveau driver with
sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-video-nouveau