[mythtv-users] 0.28 HD-PVR upgrade failure

Ken Bass kbass at kenbass.com
Sun Nov 6 20:21:41 UTC 2016

I *just* upgraded my 0.27/fixes Centos 7 system to 0.28/fixes. However
my HD-PVR is not detected - when mythbackend starts it shows:

CoreContext recorders/channelbase.cpp:871 (CreateChannel) - ChannelBase:
CreateChannel() Error: Failed to open device /dev/video-hdpvr1

CoreContext main_helpers.cpp:202 (setupTVs) - Problem with capture
cards. Card 13 failed init

After I upgraded, I used mythtv-setup and deleted all capture cards. I
added the HD-PVR back (which mythtv-setup probed fine) and have had this
message every time. mplayer/vlc works fine as the mythtv user, etc. The
startup environment is the same as 0.27 so I don't know why it went from
working to no longer working.

Any suggestions / other people encountered the same after upgrade?