[mythtv-users] Lubuntu 16.04 - Latest NVidia update causes frontend to crash

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 4 22:51:42 UTC 2016

On 11/04/2016 02:20 PM, George Bingham wrote:
> But if it's either a bug in the new driver, or it's exposing a bug in
> mythfrontend ( as opposed to say, a new "feature" in the driver that
> only causes this problem on very old Nvidia cards), then I am sure
> other MythTV users will be running into this in short order.
>
> I know there are command line options that I can use with mythfrontend
> that increase the logging of certain features... is there one for
> "rendering" that I can use that may help us pinpoint what's going wrong?

You could try

mythfrontend -v gui

It looks like the problem may be opengl related. You could try starting
up with the qt painter instead, by using

mythfrontend -O ThemePainter=qt

If this works and your frontend is OK, change it permanently in the
frontend setup, appearance, theme painter. Make sure also that you are
not using an Opengl video profile.