[mythtv-users] pixalated live tv images

Peter Bennett cats22 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 1 23:58:13 UTC 2016

On 11/01/2016 04:25 PM, Kevin Johnson wrote:
> The area with the white marks appears where the channel icon would be
> if I hit the info button twice.  The area to the right of that would
> be where the show information is.  If you look close you can see that
> some of the white marks look like letters.  (mythbuntu theme)
>
> The pic is not the best.  I can try to get better but its hard to
> pause at just the right spot.  Will post up one when I can get a
> "perfect shot"
> If the area above the screen was dark, the white marks would appear
> right over where the "tuner name" area is.
>
> Also, the white speckles appear in different areas if I change the
> theme.  They almost always appear where the theme borders are with any
> particular theme.

I think you are referring to the On Screen Display (i.e. When you press
I). Is the problem resolved after the Information display is gone?

> I can use the opengl as a work around on all but one of my systems.
> The other one is old and under powered system that has trouble with
> any settings except vdpau slim.

You have many systems that are doing this?

> Also, I dont think this would be a problem with vdpau or drivers.  If
> it was, would I not get the same thing on recorded programs??
>
> I cant be sure, but I think the recordings play back without issue
> because there is not nearly as much "info from the theme" behind the
> video???
>
> Is my thinking correct on that????

The Info is not behind the video, it is in the OSD which is hidden until
needed. I don't know why it would happen with Live TV only. Live TV is
just playing a recording while it is being recorded. I will try some
tests myself with Live TV to see if I can see this.

Peter