[mythtv-users] 10 sec delay exiting playback in 0.28

John Lundell jdlundell at gmail.com
Tue May 31 19:43:43 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 11:55 AM John Lundell <jdlundell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I just upgraded to 0.28 and have a new issue that when exiting video
> playback (recordings or videos, hitting the exit button or hitting the end
> of the recording) the screen freezes and nothing happens for about 10 secs.

...chop...

So more information, I did a clean install of Mythbuntu 16.04, set up the
video storage directories, scaned for videos and played one and it worked
fine. Playback exited immediately.  I then restored my database and tried
again, at that point I get the 10 second lag on playback exit.  So it would
seem to be something with my database - it is very large with > 4000
recordings.  This worked fine in 0.27 but since moving the 0.28 I have been
getting the lag.

I ran mysqltuner on the database and it only suggested increasing the
table_open_cache which I did but it did not help.  I also ran
optimize_database.pl but no luck there either.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
John