[mythtv-users] dvb-t modulator instead of hdpvr

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Fri May 27 20:46:05 UTC 2016

On 27/05/16 19:03, Yianni Vidalis wrote:

> Hi, there was a discussion abour hdpvr2 replacement some weeks ago http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/597893 and there was a very promising post about a hdmi modulator ( http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/597893#598060 ).
>
> My own cherished hdpvr has been misbehaving lately and I've ordered a replacement power adaptor, in hope that its not the unit itself that's misbehaving (it will be the third power adapter for this unit).
> In case of providers that don't use HDCP, how could one use such a modulator? If it transmits on a certain UHF channel I guess I should use a standard dvb-t adaptor but which shouldn't tune to other channels, isn't this correct? And I should use the same channel changing script on the stb.
> What kind of adapter should I add to mythtv to use such setup? Dvb-t cards don't offer the channel changing script field in mythtv-setup.
> Any help would be really appreciated.

You shouldn't need the channel changing script in that case. Treat it just like a station that
transmits on only one channel, which it is: you have to scan it in the normal way. If the
modulator's output is compatible, then your scan should find it and set up a single channel in the
table.

--

Mike Perkins