[mythtv-users] Customizing a recording rule

Ross Boylan rossboylan at stanfordalumni.org
Fri May 27 16:57:17 UTC 2016

I had already set it to this channel only.  I updated the fields
without apparent effect on what was recorded; then, from the GUI, I
took off the channel filter, saved the rule, then put the channel
filter back on, and saved the rule.  And now it is ignoring the other
channels, which is what I wanted .  Yay!  And thank you.

I still wonder, in general, if I want to add some SQL conditions to an
existing rule, is there a way to do it?

BTW, the previous answers include an implicit answer to my question
about which table has the recording rules: it's "record."  The
presence of start and end times led me to think that table had the
results of what was recorded.  That seems to be in "recorded" for
stuff available to watch and "oldrecorded" for stuff already recorded,
viewed, and deleted.  I imagine this description is only approximately
correct (e.g., oldrecorded includes entries for episodes that were
never recorded because of conflicts).  See, e.g.,
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Record_table for more authoritative
accounts of tables.

Ross