[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 working on 0.28-fixes?

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:11:33 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-27 09:32 AM, raspberry pi wrote:

> LVR and Curtis, does QT5.5/5.6 support EGLFS on RPi3 for myth (on Lunbuntu or
> Raspbian) and are patches (still) needed to compile QT5.5/QT5.6?

I haven't tried QT5.5/5.6 so I can't speak to these.

Because Raspbian is custom modified and tuned to run well on the
Raspberry Pi, I highly recommend using Raspbian over any ubuntu variant
at this time.

Peter continues to work on mythfrontend RPi support and his MythTV
packages are the easiest way to install mythfrontend on Raspbian, and
work with XCB/OpenMAX.  The instructions are listed at:

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi#How_to_set_up_mythfrontend_using_debian_package

If you would like to use EGLFS/OpenMAX, which supports smooth
On-Screen-Display, then use either LVRs or my build on Raspbian.  The
instructions are listed at:

http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-rpi-mythtv-frontend

Curtis