[mythtv-users] MythTV Backend on Proxmox?

Phill Edwards philledwards at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:32:46 UTC 2016

> This might actually be related to your disk-caching settings for KVM.
> You may be doing an unsafe writeback (or even a safe writeback but
> something getting cached and not sync()'d for the DB writes) and then
> this shows up when you get a spontaneous reboot of the VM..
>
> I'd look into this before just shrugging and hoping that its an
> underpowered CPU.
> Might have some more data-safety concerns than simply skipping forward :)

These are my Virtual Disk settings in KVM for my MythBackend VM.

Advanced options:

Disk Bus: VirtIO
Storage Format: raw

Performance options:

Cache mode: none
IO mode: native

I read that storage="raw" and cache mode="none" was the best way to go for
performance. Do you think my settings should be changed?