[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi 3 working on 0.28-fixes?

Peter Bennett (cats22) cats22 at comcast.net
Wed May 25 20:28:10 UTC 2016

On 05/25/2016 11:27 AM, raspberry pi wrote:

> Peter, I was trying the default Lubuntu Xenial packages and they don't
> install right, which is ok, however even after fixing up the mysql
> user and other issues the frontend still won't play anything. However,
> it might be that I didn't actually fix the install correctly.

Did you mention which version of mythtv you have? Only version 0.28 on
officially supports raspberry pi.

It is possible that what you found is the default mythtv version rather
than the one which supports openmax. You should use the mythtv 0.28 ppa.

> Peter, I thought gedakc got EGLFS working well, are there new issues
> or regressions?

I am not supporting EGLFS at this time, so I do not know.

> All, will XCB/OpenMax ever support ATSC sub-titles?

If you really must have subtitles, there are some workarounds:

1. Remove the mpeg2 license. You can see the subtitles, but playback may
be jerky when you activate the subtitles, perhaps on pi3 it is ok.
OR
2. Run a user job at the end of your recordings to extract the
subtitles. This will not help for live TV, but for recordings you can
then select "external subtitles". I have a job that works if this is
what you want to do.

Peter