[mythtv-users] WHERE IS THE JSON GRABBER? Was "xmltv and atlas grabber"

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Mon May 23 10:13:11 UTC 2016

On Mon, 2016-05-23 at 10:04 +0100, Mike Perkins wrote:

> I forgot to add, of course the two channels in my example would /probably/ have the same schedule
> information. This isn't guaranteed, since (for example) the contents of regional programs may vary
> across suppliers, but is generally true.

Another similar wrinkle is that some channels have different on air
hours on different platforms, e.g. they can be on 24hrs on Cable but
share space on Freeview, i.e. the kids channels go off air at 1900 and
some shopping channel or other starts broadcasting.

I think myth has some concept of the same channel arriving via
different sources, I'm not sure but I think it is based on the channel
name field being the same. I only have Freeview so I haven't had to
figure out exactly what goes on, I've been toying with adding a
FreeviewHD tuner to my existing set of Freeview ones -- so I guess I
would end up with a related problem at that point.

> In this case you could pull the schedule information once but you'd
> have to filter it and apply it
> to two or more sources.

sd_json seems to do caching and only pulls in new data, so two back to
back calls ought to have low additional overhead compared to a single
call, maybe?

Ian.