[mythtv-users] mythweb -- PHP running out of space doing canned searches

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Sun May 22 20:26:43 UTC 2016

I'm getting an error when I try to perform or sometime sort a canned
search on mythweb.

     [pid 9074] [client 172.24.145.71:54680] PHP Fatal error:  \
          Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 130 bytes) \
	  in /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/modules/tv/search.php on line 384

I traced this down to a memory_limit problem in php.ini /
apache2/apache2.conf. I commented out the setting in apache2.conf and
set the limit to 1 Gigabyte then I confirmed that the memory limit had
taken affect with a phpinfo() page. But apparently 1 GB isn't always
enough.

My machine is a recent Core i3 machine with 8GB of RAM, a 240GB SSD
for the OS, and 1.75TB of rotating rust for recordings.

I'm running mythbuntu 14.04.4.

I have three sources connected to MythTV:

     A Cable box connected to Optimum iO with about 350 channels
     recording through an HD-PVR;

     A raw cable feed from Optimum iO with about 60 channels connected
     through a Silicon Dust HD Homerun;

     And the local antenna for 06460 with about 20 channels connected
     through a different Silicon Dust HD Homerun.

Thanks in advance,

Chris