[mythtv-users] Multiple sources on Schedules Direct run

William Jacoby bonelifer at gmail.com
Sun May 22 18:15:40 UTC 2016

On 5/22/2016 1:08 PM, Ian Evans wrote:

> On May 22, 2016 2:01 PM, "William Jacoby" <bonelifer at gmail.com
> <mailto:bonelifer at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> > On 5/22/2016 12:46 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
> >>
> >> Thought I'd fork this from the recent json grabber threads so as
> not to confuse things with an edge case.
> >>
> >> I currently have an OTA source for North America and a few HLS
> sources for 2 North American HLS channels and one UK HLS channel.
> Currently handled with one SD run and one Atlas run.
> >>
> >> If I switch the whole shebang over to Schedules Direct, do I just
> configure one source to run the grabber and leave the other sources
> without a grabber as the listings data for both US/Canada and UK will
> be downloaded together in one daily run?

> > No you'd have seperate sources for them in Myth:
> >

> > Configure
> > tv_grab_sd_json --configure --config-file /media/FILE/FOLDER/us.conf
> > tv_grab_sd_json --configure --config-file /media/FILE/FOLDER/uk.conf
> > tv_grab_sd_json --configure --config-file /media/FILE/FOLDER/canada.conf
> >
> > Actual update
> >
> > #! /bin/bash
> > tv_grab_sd_json --days 1 --config-file /media/FILE/FOLDER/us.conf
> --output us.xml
> > tv_grab_sd_json --days 1 --config-file /media/FILE/FOLDER/uk.conf
> --output uk.xml
> > tv_grab_sd_json --days 1 --config-file
> /media/FILE/FOLDER/canada.conf --output canada.xml
> > mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 7 --xmlfile /var/tmp/us.xml
> > mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 5 --xmlfile /var/tmp/uk.xml
> > mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid 4 --xmlfile /var/tmp/canada.xml
>
> Is the bash file something that has to be run by cron? Or is there a
> way to tie it into SD's automatic suggested run times?

You can replace mythfilldatabase with the bash script. You'll need to do
so in mythbackend. See step 5 on this wiki article:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV_CH

Also make sure to run the configure commands with

sudo -H -u mythtv

So that they are owned by the mythtv user(ie the user that runs myth),
so that it'll be able to read the config files. obviously the mythtv
user should also be able to access where ever the result .xml files get
made. I'd probably use "/var/tmp" for this.

sudo -H -u mythtv tv_grab_sd_json --configure --config-file
/media/FILE/FOLDER/us.conf