[mythtv-users] Duplicate matching methods - make program ID an explicit choice

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Sun May 22 11:50:12 UTC 2016

On May 19, 2016 7:22:50 PM GMT+01:00, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>On 05/19/2016 01:53 PM, Neil Bird wrote:
>> On 19/05/16 17:13, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>> <snip>  Now,
>>> if you're switching to Schedules Direct (or some other provider that
>>> provides a program ID encoded using the dd_progid system, this won't
>>> help to fix duplicate matching for previous episodes--but if nothing
>>> else, it should convince you that there's no harm removing the
>broken
>>> program ID data from your database.
>>
>>   Thanks for that, Michael - illuminating.
>>
>>   Could you please confirm my suspicions that “all” we need to do is
>> NULL (blank string?) the programid¹ from the oldrecorded and recorded
>
>> tables?
>
>Blank it (set it equal to '' (empty single or double quotes)), don't
>NULL it (the column is a NOT NULL column), in recorded and oldrecorded.
>
>You should probably also blank it from recordedprogram (which is just
>the program information for your existing recordings).
>

>> ¹ - I've not checked the actual field name.
>
>That's the right name.
>
>Mike

If you have used a mixture of EIT and XMLTV (which you almost certainly will have done in UK for radio at least), you will probably only want to blank the programid for entries which were autogenerated by mythfilldatabase from the xmltv info, in other words, only the ones like EPxxxxxx, MVxxxxxx, SHxxxxxx, SPxxxxxx, not the ones like fp.bbc.co.uk/xxxxxx. I'm not sure how you would do that in SQL.

John