[mythtv-users] Unnecessary interruption of LiveTV w/ multiple tuners

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Fri May 20 03:17:57 UTC 2016

On 5/19/16 10:06 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> The config is under input connections for each
> connection, on the second page for each
> (Schedule Order, and Live TV order).  So it
> is a bit of a chore to setup up initially, but
> it is mostly a one time thing (until you add
> that next tuner, or replace one, or ....)

I've got it all set up, and it seems to be working.   One unexpected
thing is that if I change channel via the channel guide, it appears to
use the "schedule order" rather than the "TV order" when it comes to
input priorities.   That is, when I select a channel via the guide, it
uses my tuner that I've set up to be the top priority for scheduling,
rather than Live TV.

If I type in the channel number, or even if I browse through channels by
pressing the arrow up or down (and subsequently get the OSD to display
the channel number / show) MythTV uses the Live TV order as expected.

I'd expect that if I'm in the "Watch TV" mode, it'd use the Live TV
Order in all cases, regardless of the technique used to get to the
channel.   Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
-WD