[mythtv-users] Loss of Connectivity with Switch

Barry Martin barry3martin at gmail.com
Fri May 20 00:54:08 UTC 2016

Hi Folks!

Have a problem with my video card: if I run the video through an HDMI
switch and change inputs then come back the Backend won't reconnect:
monitor displays "cable not connected".  The problem is apparently with
the video card as other video sources (computers) play nice and
reconnect.

Running Mythbuntu 16.04
Monitor:  Acer H243H (identified correctly by Settings > Display)
Video card:  Only info I have is from lspci: Advanced Micro Devices
[AMD/ATI] Cedar [Radeon HD 5000/6000/7350/8350 Series

When the computer was running Windows it would reconnect properly.

Any suggestion what to do to retain the video connection when switching
HDMI inputs>

TIA!