[mythtv-users] Mythbuntu 16.04 - Screen Blanking, won't wake up

glen glenb at glenb.us
Fri May 20 00:19:51 UTC 2016

On Fri, 2016-05-20 at 10:08 +1000, Lindsay Mathieson wrote:Upgraded my
mythbuntu 14.04/0.27 system to 16.04/0.28 in one hit.
Kinda regretting that :) heaps of issues that I eventually worked
though.

One thing I have been unable to resolve - after an extended period of
non use (overnight) the screen will be blank and won't wake up in
response to keyboard or mouse. I can switch to a console with
Ctl-Alt-F1 which gets me a login prompt, but Ctrl-Alt-F7 just restores
the blank screen.

Loggiing on I see nothing in dmesg, Xorg.0.log or mythfrontend.log
that indicates any issues or that the screen has been turned off.

I installed xfce4-power-setting and used it to disable all screen
blanking and sleep modes.

lightdm is running and a "service restart lightdm" wakes the screen
i up. One oddity - there's always two lightdm processes.

I tried disabling console-blanking, acpmi and apm in kernel setting
but that had the weird effect of disabling my irc device and hdmi
sound.

Any thoughts?

thanks,

i solved that with a conf file for xorg.conf.d; the 'connected monitor'
setting is the one
you need for that issue, i believe. mine looks like this:

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Card0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    Option         "ConnectedMonitor"   "DFP-2"
    Option         "UseEdidDpi" "False"
    Option         "DPI" "96 x 96"
    Option         "ModeValidation"
"AllowNonEdidModes,NoVesaModes,NoXServerModes"
    EndSection

you have to look through your xorg log to see which device is
connecting and name that device
in the setting.