[mythtv-users] Duplicate matching methods - make program ID an explicit choice

John Veness John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk
Thu May 19 19:20:04 UTC 2016

On May 19, 2016 8:09:58 PM GMT+01:00, "Michael T. Dean" <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>On 05/19/2016 02:45 PM, John Veness wrote:
>> And the following in sd_json:
>>
>> <episode-num system="xmltv_ns">0.8.</episode-num>
>> <episode-num system="dd_progid">EP023864610009</episode-num>
>>
>> I.e. it has both systems listed, and is missing the total number in
>> the xmltv_ns case. Would Myth use the dd_progid in this case, or an
>> autogenerated ID from the xmltv_ns text?
>
>It would use the dd_progid first since that's meant to be the
>definitive
>identifier.
>
>> I'd prefer it to use xmltv_ns, to make it more likely that duplicates
>
>> would be matched with my old recordings correctly.
>>
>> On the other hand, apparently some series in sd_json only output the
>> dd_progid, with no xmltv_ns (I.e. no season/episode numbering) which
>> is a shame. Those for sure will not be matched as duplicates with my
>> old uk_rt recordings.
>
>You could always post-process your XMLTV data (but before
>mythfilldatabase uses the data) to remove some/all <episode-num
>system="dd_progid"> elements.

Thanks. I'll have a think about it. It might be best to bite the bullet and just let it store (and match on) the dd_progid and deal with duplicates when they come up.

Out of interest, how is dd_progid generated, I mean, at the Schedules Direct end, does anyone know? It looks very similar (well, it starts with "EP" then a load of numbers) to the auto-generated IDs that mythfilldatabase generates from xmltv_ns.

John