[mythtv-users] Duplicate matching methods - make program ID an explicit choice

Neil Bird lists at fnxweb.com
Thu May 19 18:35:07 UTC 2016

On 19/05/16 19:28, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/19/2016 02:21 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 05/19/2016 02:12 PM, John Veness wrote:
>>> I haven't checked the raw output of the uk_rt grabber or the new SD
>>> JSON one, but if it turns out to be the case that they both use
>>> xmltv_ns season/episode numbering, and if program titles are the
>>> same, maybe the autogenerated program IDs would match too? Does
>>> anyone else know?
>> That would be the case.
> Actually, I should say, "That would be the case as long as the data is
> actually inserted into the MythTV database using the mythfilldatabase
> xmltv parser."  If some other program is sticking the data into the
> database, then it would only use the same programid if it also
> duplicates the logic used in mythfilldatabase's xmltv parser.

   Not a hugely useful data point, but someone on the xmltv-users list
earlier who just switched has reported a slew of duplicate recordings
being scheduled (prior to trying the database edit), so I suspect we're
unlucky.

   There are some examples of the JSON grabber there for comparison, and
the IDs did appear different (although I think some were present in
multiple flavours).  I don't recall;  the low level guts of the XMLTV
format is too new to me to hold in my head!

--
[phoenix at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[phoenix at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature