[mythtv-users] Alt-tab crashes display manager

Fred Hamilton fred at yonkitime.com
Thu May 19 16:29:28 UTC 2016

Since upgrading to Ubuntu 16.04 and Mythbuntu 0.28 a month or two ago, and
installing the latest xenial, mythtv and mythbuntu updates 1-2 times a
week, I will sometimes have the entire display freeze when i alt-tab away
from mythtv.

The freeze only occurs when I'm alt-tabbing out of mythtv.
I have not had the freeze happen when alt-tabbing with anything else.
So far the freeze only happens on the static menus - not while video is
playing.  But I probably don't alt-tab with video playing nearly as often,
so it's possible it could happen.
This did not happen under Ubuntu 14.04 / 0.28

Stopping and starting lightdm gets me back to a working display without
having to reboot.

Has anyone else run into this?