[mythtv-users] Raspberry Pi - Audio Passthrough

rob e redgerhoo at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 17 21:32:41 UTC 2016

On 18/05/16 00:02, airdrummer wrote:
> sorry, made those changes but no change: audio dropouts (more accurate
> than breakup) still a problem on some channels, unrelated to
> kworker/cpu load (mythf/e @ 90-110%)
>
> the fact that some channels are unaffected points to differing code
> paths...what's that majick incantation to view stats?-)

hmmm ... I did have some of those problems too. In my case they related
to HDMI synch issues and impacted both channels plus video.
My solution was to add an HDMI splitter to the cable path. The splitter
establishes separate links to the Pi and the Receiver / TV (in my case I
have a cable to each) ... and negotiates the security protocols.
The splitters are cheap and easy, may be worth a try, I use 2
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Wholesale-3D-HDMI-Splitter-1X2-Split-1-HDMI-input-to-2-HDMI-output-Supports-Full-HD1080p/601422_32258592567.html

Do you have 2 devices to test with, see if it may be a synch problem ?

Have you tried a different cable ? Different connector at the device (TV
or receiver) end ?

PS the splitter was the only way I could get my other Chromebox & Nuc to
talk to one of my receivers, they won't synch at all if connected directly.