[mythtv-users] Metadata not working with 0.28

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue May 17 15:11:08 UTC 2016

On 05/17/2016 10:54 AM, Peter Bennett (cats22) wrote:
> Since I upgraded to 0.28 the metadata download is failing
>
> CoreContext metadatadownload.cpp:330 (MovieGrabberWorks) - Movie grabber
> not functional.  Aborting this run.
>
> Looking in front end setup at artwork and metadata sources, the three
> URLS are blank, and cannot be selected or typed into.
>
> Is there some dependency that I am missing? I built the backend from
> source, but I did not build any plugins.

This can happen for many reasons, including not having the dependencies
for the grabber scripts (such as python-lxml or ...). Try running the
scripts (such as ttvdb.py) by themselves, something like:

/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/ttvdb.py --version
/usr/share/mythtv/metadata/Television/tmdb3.py --version

(adjust path as appropriate).

Mike