[mythtv-users] Kodi and mythfrontend together?

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Mon May 16 15:42:01 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-16 06:45 AM, Phill Edwards wrote:

>> How do you switch between the two? Or do you just quit Kodi when done? I
>> still use a wireless keyboard because I've always used alt-tab but would
>> love to know if there's a better solution.
>>

> Use the MythTV menu to go to Kodi. Then exit Kodi and go back to MythTV
> menu.

I do the same as Phill mentioned -- exit Kodi to get bak to MythTV menu.
 This works well with my MCE remote control which has less options than
a full wireless keyboard.

If you want to use ALT+TAB to switch back to mythtfrontend and leave
Kodi running, then you might try spawning kodi in the background by
appending an ampersand "&" after "kodi" in the invocation script.

Curtis